Tuesday 5 November 2013

PUMPKIN CASHEW CREAM CAKE with CHOCOLATE SAUCE


I had an extra sugar pumpkin in the kitchen since I only needed one for my raw pumpkin pie, so I figured I'd make it into a cheesecake-type thing. This isn't really like a cheesecake at all, but it gives you an idea of what to expect: a creamy, sweet, slightly tangy slice of heaven. The difference is, this recipe contains no dairy, gluten, eggs, or refined ingredients! Just whole, healthy foods to keep you living long and laughing... luciously? 


According to family and friends, my last pumpkin pie recipe was "outstanding" and I think this one is on the same level of mind-blowingness (I make up words, you just gotta deal). Because it is raw, you get the full flavour of the whole, fresh pumpkin, not a diluted version from a can. It's kind of like a pumpkin smoothie in the form of a cake. If that's unappealing to you, pretend you didn't read it. Just know: this recipe is a winner for all pumpkin lovers out there. 


The weather here in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada is not so hot today... literally. It's a tad chilly and more than a tad rainy (but what is a tad, anyway?) It's been pouring since yesterday evening. Fortunately, I've got a big ole cozy house to stay warm in, so I actually love this Autumn weather. It gives me a much-needed reason to stay inside and get caught up on my emails and school work. I am also spending a fair amount of time downloading recommended music today. Everything from Bjork to Curtis Mayfield to Big Boi: it is now in my eclectically-driven audio library. 


I am so excited to listen to all these new albums in their entirety! I'm making new friends who share the opinion that albums should be listened to in a social setting, and with full respect and attention given... meaning no distractions: lights out, everyone lying on the floor or in bed or whatever suits ya. It seems people my age take for granted the technological advances in the past few decades that make it possible to pick and choose single songs, and skip through them with a mere click on the iPod. The only way you used to be ABLE to listen to music was by buying the physical record and listening to the whole album; I think there is so much timeless value in that. 


I believe music should MOVE you, emotionally, physically, mentally. I want to nurture my spirituality, personal and universal identity, and humanity when I listen to a good album. Also, any way you can allow yourself to let loose and give into your animal nature (ex. flailing at the club or doing much the same thing in a tribal drum circle in the forest) is healthy and therapeutic! I'm in!

*Now get back on topic, Emily*... you came here for pumpkin cream cake! And pumpkin cream cake you will get. This recipe is delicious, nutritious and fergilicious. Well, not really the last one but I like to rhyme. Get the recipe by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this also best choice to make beef bourguignon if you are have party