Thursday 1 December 2011

raw hot chocolate: OMG!

I've made raw hot chocolate (I'm just gonna call it hot chocolate, okay) before so I know it's delicious. But I guess tonight the universe just wanted it to taste more out-of-this-world decadent than normal. So it did! I also haven't made it in awhile, so it was extra yummy.

This hot chocolate warmed me up and was the perfect accompaniment to the cold winter's night AND for the lame 90's movie I watched - Clueless. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME. I am not embarrassed to admit: I love this movie and have watched it at least 3 times. Don't worry, I otherwise have very good taste in cinematography.

So indulge in this wonderful winter treat, without the guilt! No sugar, no dairy; just healthy fats, cocoa and spices. You won't believe how yummy this is. And easy to make in big batches for the whole family around the holidays =) Enjoy!


Warm Cocoa -Raw Hot Chocolate: makes about 2 cups (I drank it all myself)

1 1/2 cups hot water
1 T honey/agave/maple syrup
Handful nuts (I used a mix of brazil nuts and cashews)
Handful dried coconut (I used chunks of coconut they sell at the health food store - so tasty)
1/2 t of cinnamon (or to taste)
2 T cacoa/cocoa 
Pinch of cayenne - TO TASTE
I also added 1 or 2 of my chocolate truffles, because they were there... and, well, chocolate. 

Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth and creamy... mmm. Sip up the foam and then delight in the chocolatey goodness of health.


No comments:

Post a Comment

this also best choice to make beef bourguignon if you are have party